Global Pneumococcal Sequence Cluster (GPSC) is an international genomic definition of pneumococcal lineage (Gladstone & Lo et al 2019 Ebiomedicine) defined using a clustering software named PopPUNK. This typing scheme captures all variations across the entire genome and gives us the best chance of monitoring and understanding the processes of vaccine evasion (Lo & Gladstone et al 2019 Lancet Infectious Diseases).
- You can assign GPSC using Pathogenwatch (tutorial video) or command line (step-by-step instruction).
- You can explore the common GPSCs’ phylogenies in Microreact and recombination pattern in Phandango by hovering over the cluster (each cluster represents a GPSC).
The search feature below enables search by GPSC, serotype or ST.
- Select the category 'GPSC' in the first box and type 'GPSC32' in the second box to display GPSC32.
- Select the category 'Serotype' in the first box and choose a serotype from the dropdown to search for all of the GPSC that contain that particular serotype.
- Select the category 'ST' in the first box to search for corresponding GPSC